Create a construction polycurve
You can create 3D construction polycurves that pass through the points you pick and that can have straight and curved segments.
- On the Edit tab, click Construction object > Polycurve .
- On the contextual toolbarfloating toolbar that contains commands for modifying the most common object properties
The user can customize the contextual toolbar.
The term mini toolbar is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
that appears, click a button to specify which set of points you want to pick to create a polycurve segment.
You can switch between these picking modes each time you complete a segment.
- For a straight segment, click the first buttonCreate line and then pick the start point and the end point of the segment.
- For a curved segment, clickand then pick three points along the segment.
- For a curved tangential segment, clickand then pick a point on the tangent line, the start point, and the end point of the segment.
- For a straight segment that is tangential to the previous segment, click the last buttonCreate tangent line and then pick a point on the tangent line.
Tekla Structures creates a polycurve segment.
- Repeat step 2 for each polycurve segment that you want to create, but skip picking the first point of the segment as it is the same as the last point of the previous segment.
- Click the middle mouse button to finish picking.
Tekla Structures creates the polycurve through the points you picked, using the polycurve's current propertiesproperties related to an object type and applied to new objects of this type
In Tekla Structures, properties related to an object type are activated in the property pane or the dialog box.
- To end the command, press Esc.
- To modify the construction polycurve properties, double-click the polycurve in the model.
The polycurve properties are shown in the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
- Select a color for the polycurve.
- Select a line type for the polycurve.
- Click Modify to apply the changes.
Tekla Structures uses the new properties the next time you create an object of this type.