Clean shape geometry files
If some previously imported shapes cause missing faces or edges in items or drawings, you can clean the shape geometry files. Cleaning means that Tekla Structures investigates and corrects the shape geometry and tries to create solid objects. This is useful with shapes that have been imported to Tekla Structures models prior to version 2018i.
The Shape cleaner applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
provides an option to create backups of the original shape geometry files and to revert to them, if needed.
How to clean shape geometry files
To clean existing shape geometry files, either re-import the original shape files , or use the Shape cleaner application as follows:
- Open the model whose shape geometry files you want to clean.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for the Shape cleaner application, and then double-click to open it.
The Shape cleaner dialog box opens.
- Select the shapes that you want to clean.
- If you want to create backups of the shape geometry files, select the Create backups from shapes before cleaning check box.
- Click Clean.
Tekla Structures cleans the shapes and shows how many shapes resulted in being solid objects and how many non-solid.
If you need to interrupt the cleaning process, you can click Stop.
- Re-open the model to see the changed shape geometry in the items in the model.
- If you are not happy with the result, and if you have created the backup files, you can go back to the original shape geometry files.
Open the Shape cleaner dialog box again.
Select the shapes that you want to restore.