The Metsec Non-Standard Horizontal Cladding Support macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
can be used to define an individual PJR or HCS section between selected side rails. The macro can also be used between the top rail in a bay and an eaves beam.
Before and after
- Any modification of the selected parts will cause this macro to be updated.
- Most of the data required for this macro is fixed by Metsec and stored in a series of data files supplied with Tekla Structures. Where standard data is not applicable, then certain items can be modified through the Parameters tab of the properties panel, but it is also possible to tailor the data files to individual requirements. This would require assistance from Tekla Structures support.
- Only one eaves beam may be selected for inclusion.
- All rails in the bay must share the same sheeting face.
- All rail lengths must be parallel.
- Eaves beam must be parallel to rails and above the last rail.
- Rails can be either C’s or Z’s or a mixture.
Selection order example
- Pick a point (the point must be a Tekla point object, rather than a snap pointpoint to which Tekla Structures snaps