The Metsec Horizontal Cladding Support Column macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
can be used to define an arrangement of PJR or HCS sections between the rails at the column position. The macro can also provide the necessary connections between the top rail and an eaves beam.
Before and after
- Any modification of the selected parts will cause this macro to be updated.
- Most of the data required for this macro is fixed by Metsec and stored in a series of data files supplied with Tekla Structures. Where standard data is not applicable, then certain items can be modified through the Parameters tab of the properties panel, but it is also possible to tailor the data files to individual requirements. This would require assistance from Tekla Structures support.
- All rails must be connected to the columns using the Metsec Cold Rolled Sleeved (102). Unless the Parameters tab > Top Cleat Type > To Column option is selected when applying the macro.
- Only one eaves beam may be selected for inclusion.
- All rails in the bay must share the same sheeting face.
- All rail lengths must be parallel.
- Eaves beam must be parallel to rails and above the last rail.
- The outside of the rails / eaves beams must align.
Selection order example
- Eaves beams (if required)
- Click middle mouse button