The Metsec Base Platecomponent object that represents a plate welded to a column base
Base plates are used to distribute the concentrated load of the column over a wider area.
detail will add cleats to the bottom end of a column to provide a base for the connection of the column. When used with Metsec sections the detail will use appropriate trimmer cleats by default. You will be required to pick a primary member followed by a point. The point indicates the position along the member to which the cleats will be placed.
Before and after
- Any modification of the selected parts will cause this joint to be updated
- Compound members must be parallel
- Column must be a Metsec C-section
- The column will be cut back appropriately based on the pick position
Selection order example
- C-section/compound C-section
- Pick a position along the member where the autoform/cleat should be created