Monitor Tekla license use
You can get a report of how many Tekla Structures licenses are currently in use in your company with the LMTOOLS software that is delivered with the Tekla license server.
The LMTOOLS applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
requires Windows administrator privileges to run.
To view which licenses are currently in use:
- Go to Tekla Licensing > LMTOOLS through the Start menu or Start screen , depending on your Windows operating system.
- If the correct Tekla license server is not defined, switch to the Utilities tab and add the license server path:
- Type tekla in the Vendor Name box.
- Type your license server address as port@host in the Path box.
- Click Override Path.
- On the Server Status tab, click Perform Status Enquiry. You will receive a listing of how many licenses and which configurations are activated on the server, and how many of the licenses are in use at the moment of enquiry.
The status enquiry uses abbreviations of Tekla Structures configurations, which are explained here. You can also find the description of the abbreviations in your entitlement certificate or in Tekla License Administration Tool.
For a comprehensive description of the status enquiry syntax, see LMTOOLS options and settings used in Tekla licensing.