Deactivate Tekla licenses
Before you deactivate licenses, ensure that the licenses are not in use or borrowed. The borrowed licenses must be returned before they can be deactivated.
To deactivate licenses:
- Go to Tekla Licensing > Tekla License Administration Tool through the Start menu or Start screen , depending on your Windows operating system. Start Tekla License Administration Tool with administrator rights.
- In the Tekla License Administration Tool dialog box, go to the Statistic tab and ensure that no-one is using the licenses.
- If you have not activated the automatic server notifications (the Notify Server option in Tekla License Administration Tool ), you need to stop the license server manually in LMTOOLS :
- Go to Tekla Licensing > LMTOOLS through the Start menu or Start screen , depending on your Windows operating system. Start LMTOOLS with administrator rights.
- On the Service/License File tab, ensure that Configuration using services and Tekla Licensing Service are selected.
- Go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab and click Stop Server.
- In Tekla License Administration Tool , go to the Licenses tab.
The Activated Licenses area lists the active licenses.
- Select the Deactivate check box to select the license for deactivation.
If you activated more than one license of the same type in one go, you cannot deactivate those licenses one by one, but you need to deactivate all of the licenses in one go.
- The Deactivate button is activated, click it.
The license server contacts the activation server at Trimble Solutions. Internet access is required at this stage. After a successful deactivation you will see the license successfully deactivated message, and the Tekla License Administration Tool dialog box is updated.
For more information about manual license deactivation, see the following Support Article in Tekla User Assistanceonline help and self-support service for Tekla Structures
Tekla User Assistance includes instructions, support articles, and instructional videos, and it offers a possibility for feedback.
Tekla User Assistance is one of the Tekla online services.