Unfold polybeams in drawings
When you create a drawing, you can automatically unfold polybeams and bent plates in single-part drawings. Tekla Structures unfolds the polybeams according to unfolding parameters, which define the location of the neutral axis when a profile is unfolded.
You can unfold only beams that have been created with the Polybeam command. You cannot unfold beams created with the Curved beam command.
You can unfold a polybeampart of a certain shape that is created as a continuous chain of beams passing through points that the user picks
The segments of the polybeam are straight, but segment intersections can be curved. For example, a beam that follows a zigzag line is a polybeam.
only on one plane.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties > Single-part drawing .
- Load drawing properties that are as close to the ones you need as possible.
- Click View creation in the options tree and go to the Attributes tab.
- Set Unfolded to Yes.
- To save the changes, click Save.
- Click OK and create the drawing.
Tekla Structures unfolds the polybeam in the single-part drawingdrawing that shows fabrication information for one part and that is generally used at the workshop
The Unfolded setting in the View Properties properties dialog box on the Attributes 2 tab is ignored in drawing creation when you set this option on the Attributes tab of the Single-Part Drawing Properties dialog box.