Tables in drawing layout
Tables are Template Editortool in Tekla Structures that is used for creating and modifying templates to be used in drawings and reports
templates added in Tekla Structures drawings containing information on model objects. In Template Editor, the tables are referred to as graphical templates.
The term table refers to various elements in a drawing layoutplan of a drawing that includes the table layout and definitions of the sheet size
Tekla Structures includes several predefined drawing layouts, which are drawing-type specific. The user can also create new drawing layouts.
, such as:
Tables (such as revision tables)
Lists (such as part and bolt lists)
If you change the model, Tekla Structures updates the contents of the affected drawings and tables created in Template Editor. The contents of the tables are filled in by Tekla Structures at run time.
The available graphical templates are read from the following folders in the following order, and shown in the Available tables list in the Tables dialog box:
- Template directory ( XS_TEMPLATE_DIRECTORY )
- Current modelmodel that is active in Tekla Structures
The current model can be a single-user model, a shared model or a working model.
- Project folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular project
( XS_PROJECT )
- Firm folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular organization
A Tekla Structures user can, for example, customize a company’s cloning templates and save them in a sub-folder located under the firm folder. After this, the customized cloning templates can be used in all projects carried out for the company.
( XS_FIRM )
- Environment-specific system templates folder ( XS_TEMPLATE_DIRECTORY_SYSTEM )
- System folderfolder that is used for storing files that define default settings
( XS_SYSTEM )