Shorten parts view by view
You can shorten parts in the selected view in an open drawing. By default, there is only an empty area shown between the parts, but you can use a shorteningdeforming that decreases the modeled length of a part in a drawing by a value the user has entered
Shortening is used when the parts are manufactured shorter than modeled.
symbol instead, and adjust the shortening symbol color and line type.
- Double-click a drawing view framesolid frame around all the contents of a drawing view
Drawing view frame can be used when modifying properties of a single drawing view. Drawing views can be dragged using the drawing view frame.
in an open drawing.
- In View properties , go to the Attributes 2 tab.
- In Cut parts , select Yes , Only in x direction or Only in y direction.
- In Cut skew parts , select Yes to cut skewed parts.
- In Minimum cut part length , set the minimum length of the shortened part.
This option defines how long the part must at least be to get shortened. The length of the part must be at least twice the entered value.
- In Space between cut parts , enter the distance between the cut parts on paper.
- Click Modify.
To use a view shortening symbol instead of the empty area, set the advanced optionssettings used to customize Tekla Structures for specific companies, standards, users, or user groups
In Tekla Structures, advanced options are settings that are used, for example, in a specific project or geographical area, or by a specific company.
In Tekla Structures, advanced options usually begin with the initials XS and are followed by the name of the function, for example XS_BACKGROUND_COLOR.
XS_DRAW_VERTICAL_VIEW_SHORTENING_SYMBOLS_TO_PARTS and XS_DRAW_HORIZONTAL_VIEW_SHORTENING_SYMBOLS_TO_PARTS to TRUE.
Below is an example where the zig zag shortening symbol is used.