Create exaggerated dimensions
You can exaggerate narrow dimensions to make them easier to read.
When you enable the exaggeration of the dimensions, a dimension that is narrower than the defined limit is enlarged. If there are many exaggerated dimensions, Tekla Structures arranges them automatically. Setting exaggeration consists of selecting the exaggeration limit and the exaggeration scale, enabling the exaggeration and setting the direction, origin, width, position and height for the exaggerated dimensions.
For single-part , assembly and cast unit drawings, save the dimension exaggeration properties on object level in an open drawing into a dimension properties file, which you can take into use when you modify dimensioning rules.
Limitation: Exaggeration works only if the dimension extension lines are long. Set Short extension line to No on the General tab of the Dimension Properties dialog box.
- On the File menu, click Settings > Options and go to the Drawing dimensions settings.
- Enter the exaggeration limit in the Exaggeration limit box.
- Select Paper or Model as the exaggeration scaling method.
If you select Paper , the exaggeration limit is multiplied by the view scale. For example, if the scale is 1:10 and the limit is 10 mm, then all the dimensions smaller than 100 mm are exaggerated.
If you select Model , and the scale is 1:10, all the dimensions smaller than 10 mm are exaggerated regardless of the drawing scale.
- Click OK.
- Open a drawing and double-click a dimension.
- Go to the Marks tab of the Dimension Properties dialog box.
- Enable the exaggeration by setting Exaggeration to Specified.
- Set the values for Direction , Origin , Width , Position and Height.
- Enter a name for the dimension properties file at the top and click Save.
- If you want to modify the current dimension, click Modify. Otherwise, close the dialog box.
Now you have a dimension properties file that contains the exaggeration settings, which you can load later on or use in dimensioning rules.
See below for an example of exaggerated dimensions: