Set the dimension extension line length
You can adjust the length of the dimension extension lines in dimension properties in an open drawing. You can also adjust the extension line(1) temporary line in a model that can be used for aligning objects with each other
(1) Extension lines can be used when snapping or creating points.
(2) line in a drawing that is perpendicular to a dimension line and that connects the dimension line to the building object
length using advanced optionssettings used to customize Tekla Structures for specific companies, standards, users, or user groups
In Tekla Structures, advanced options are settings that are used, for example, in a specific project or geographical area, or by a specific company.
In Tekla Structures, advanced options usually begin with the initials XS and are followed by the name of the function, for example XS_BACKGROUND_COLOR.
You can load the dimension properties file where you have the correct setting when you add automatic dimensions on view level.
- Open a drawing and double-click a dimension.
- Go to the General tab of the Dimensions dialog box.
- Select an option from the Short extension line list:
Use this option to create extension lines all of the same length:
On grid lines only
Use this option to use the short extension line automatically if a dimension line falls on a grid line. Elsewhere the extension line will be as usual.
- Save your setting in a properties file for later use.
- Click Modify.
- To adjust the extension line lengths, go to File > Settings > Advanced options > Dimensioning: General and set the following advanced options. These advanced options adjust the extension line length in relation to the text size:
(1) Text height * 1.0 (default). Use XS_DIMENSION_EXTENSION_LINE_AWAY_FACTOR to adjust the length of the dimension extension lines that are facing away from the dimension points.
(2) Text height * 1.5 (default). Use XS_DIMENSION_EXTENSION_LINE_TOWARD_FACTOR to adjust the length of the dimension extension lines that are facing towards the dimension points.