Drawing mode in Tekla Structures
When you open a drawing , Tekla Structures activates the drawing modemode that is used for editing the appearance and content of drawings
Tekla Structures switches to the drawing mode when the user opens any drawing.
. The ribbon and tabs for the modeling modemode that is used for creating and analyzing a model, and initiating the creation of a drawing and a report
Custom component editor and sketch editor can be accessed in modeling mode.
are replaced by those of the drawing mode. The model views remain on the screen in the background. When you close the drawing , you automatically return to the modeling mode.
The following image identifies the locations of the controls in the a drawings window:
(1) The File menu contains commands that can be used in the drawing mode.
(2) The ribbon and the tabs mostly contain commands available only for drawings, some commands are common with the modeling mode.
(3) Quick Launch for searching drawing-related commands.
(4) The side pane gives access to macros and other applications that are available in drawings in the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
. The 2D Library for drawings is also located in the side pane.
(5) With selection switches you can scale down the amount of selectable objects.
(6) Snap switches control which points you can snap to and pick.