Rotate parts in drawing views
You can rotate a part, assembly, or cast unit in a drawing viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
around its local axes.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties and select the drawing type.
- Load the drawing properties that you want to change.
- Click View creation and go to the Attributes tab.
The settings affect all views in a drawing.
- In Rotate coordinate system , specify the angle:
With the Around X , you can rotate in steps of 90 degrees ( 0 , 90 , 180 , 270 ).
With the Around Y , you can rotate in steps of 180 degrees ( 0 , 180 ).
With the Around Z , you can specify any angle.
- To save the changes, click Save.
- Click OK and create the drawing.
Below there are some examples of rotating an object around the x axis:
- 0 degrees
- 90 degrees
- 180 degrees
- 270 degrees
Below is an example of rotating the same part 180 degrees around the y axis:
Below is an example of rotating the same part 30 degrees around the z axis: