Add automatic dimensions to general arrangement drawings
In the general arrangement drawingdrawing that is created from one or more model views and that shows information needed to understand the general arrangement of structural elements on a project
General arrangement drawings show how parts, assemblies, cast units, or pour objects are located in a building.
General - Dimensioning Properties dialog box, you can create part, gridmodeling aid that represents a three-dimensional complex of horizontal and vertical planes
In Tekla Structures, grids are used as an aid in locating objects in a model. The grid is shown on the view plane by dash-and-dot lines. It is also possible to show grids and grid line labels in drawings, and to modify grid properties in the drawings.
It is possible to have more than one grid in a model. For example, a large-scale grid for the entire structure, and smaller grids for some detailed sections.
and overall dimensions, and control the way they are created. You can experiment with different combinations of options to achieve different kinds of dimensioning effects.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties > GA drawing .
- Load drawing properties that are as close to the ones you need as possible.
- Click Dimensioning...
- Select the dimensions to create and modify the related settings.
- On the Grid tab, adjust the grid dimension and overall dimension creation settings and the positioning of the dimensions.
- On the Parts tab, adjust part dimension creation settings and the positioning of the dimensions.
- Click OK and create the drawing.