Define automatic free or fixed placement for drawing views
You can keep the views in the same location (fixed) or let Tekla Structures find a suitable place for the view (free) during drawing updates.
In general arrangement drawings, this setting can only be defined on view level in an open drawing. In single-part, assebly and cast unit drawings, you can set the view placement before creating drawings.
To define automatic free or fixed placement of in single-part, assembly and cast unit drawings:
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties and select the drawing type.
- Load drawing properties that are as close to the ones you need as possible.
- Click View creation in the options tree on the left, select the view and the properties that you want to change, and click View properties.
- On the Attributes 1 tab, select one of the following options:
Set Place to fixed to always keep the view in the same location when you update the drawing.
Set Place to free to let Tekla Structures find a suitable place for the view when you update the drawing.
- Click Save to save the view properties.
- Click Close to return to drawing properties.
- Click Save to save the drawing properties, then click OK and create the drawing.
The Arrange views command only affects views where the Place is set to free. fixed views are not moved.