Link or copy drawing views to empty multidrawings
You can create empty multidrawings in which you can link or copy views from other drawings as such or with the original drawing layoutplan of a drawing that includes the table layout and definitions of the sheet size
Tekla Structures includes several predefined drawing layouts, which are drawing-type specific. The user can also create new drawing layouts.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Multidrawing > Empty drawing .
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Document manager.
- Open the empty multidrawingdrawing that gathers together several drawings on one sheet
The individual drawings in a multidrawing may be of any drawing type.
from Document manager.
- Still on the Document manager , select the drawings that you want to copy or link to the multidrawing.
- On the Views tab, click From other drawing and select one of the copying or linking commands:
- Copy with layout
- Link with layout
The drawing views are placed in the multidrawing from top to bottom starting from the top-left corner. The views are placed in the same order as they appear in Document manager. If you have sorted the list by the name, the drawings are created in the same order.
- Arrange the views if they are on top of each other.
When you update multidrawings, the linked drawings are also updated.