The AutoDrawings wizard combines a series of actions so that you can create drawings using a single command. You can use AutoDrawings to create single-part drawings, assembly drawings, cast-unit drawings and multi-drawings.
AutoDrawings wizards contain instructions telling Tekla Structures which drawing type, selection filterfilter used for defining which object types can be selected
Selection filter chooses model objects according to object properties.
Selection filters can be standard or user-defined.
For example, selection filters can be used to select parts for drawings or analysis.
, and drawing properties to use. You can edit AutoDrawings wizard files or create your own ones. The AutoDrawings dialog box lists the available wizard files.
Before you can create AutoDrawings, the appropriate wizard files must exist and numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
must be up to date.
- In the model, select the parts from which to create drawings. You can also select the entire model and use filters to fine-tune your selection. You can also use selection filters in the wizard filerule set that is saved in a file
The rule sets in drawing wizard files are modified by editing the file in a text editor.
. If you do, your selection can include parts that will not be included in the drawings.
- Type AutoDrawing in the Quick Launch box.
- In the AutoDrawings dialog box, select a wizard file.
- To view the file, click Show.
- To edit the file, click Edit.
- On the Advanced tab, select whether to create a log file, what information it should include and name the log file.
- Click Create from selected.
AutoDrawings wizard files
You can create your own AutoDrawings wizard files using any standard text editor. Use the existing wizard files as examples to construct your own.
A typical AutoDrawings wizard file contains several sets of drawing requests containing drawing, attribute and part settings to apply to selected objects, as well as a selection filter. The order of sets is important, as Tekla Structures only creates one drawing for each object.
Place the newly created drawing wizard files in the attributes sub-folder in the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
The AutoDrawings wizard file set in this example creates an assembly drawingdrawing that shows fabrication information for a basic or a nested assembly, including bolts and welds, and that is generally used at the workshop
Assembly drawings show how parts are located in an assembly. They contain the parts of the assembly presented in one or more views.
for an object that fulfills the selection filter criteria in the set. Tekla Structures will not create another assembly drawing for that object, even if it matches the criteria of the selection filter in later sets in the same wizard file.
The wizard file consist of the lines below. Note the use of parentheses.
This line defines the type of drawing the wizard creates. The drawing type appears in parentheses. The options are:
single : workshop drawings
assembly : assembly drawings
multi_single : workshop multi-drawings
multi_single_with_layout : workshop multi-drawings with layout
multi_assembly : assembly multi-drawings
multi_assembly_with_layout : assembly multi-drawings with layout
cast_unit : cast-unit drawings
This line tells Tekla Structures which drawing properties to use when creating the drawings. The name of the saved drawing properties file appears in parentheses.
This line tells Tekla Structures which selection filter to use to select the parts from which to create drawings. The filter name appears in parentheses.
This line starts the drawing creation. This line should always appear immediately after the lines set_drawing_type , set_drawing_attributes and set_filter.
Tekla Structures writes a log file when you run an AutoDrawings wizard. The log file contains information about errors, number of drawings created, commands used etc.
You can configure whether or not Tekla Structures creates a log file and how it is displayed using the Advanced tab in the AutoDrawings dialog box.
Create log options:
- No : Tekla Structures does not create a log file.
- Create : Tekla Structures creates a new log file and deletes the old one.
- Append : Tekla Structures adds a new entry to the existing log file.
Display log options:
- No : Tekla Structures does not display the log,
- With associated viewer : Tekla Structures displays the log file in an associated viewer (e.g. Notepad) when you run the wizard. You can edit the log file.
- On dialog : Tekla Structures displays the log file in a dialog box when you run the wizard. You can not edit the log file.