Use AutoDefaultspredefined properties that AutoConnection uses when creating connections
to set up properties for existing connections. AutoDefaults allows you to modify the default connection properties and save them for use in specific circumstances. When you use AutoDefaults, Tekla Structures automatically creates the connections with the predefined AutoDefaults properties. You can also use AutoDefaults for a single connection.
For example, you can use AutoDefaults to automatically adjust the thickness of each base platecomponent object that represents a plate welded to a column base
Base plates are used to distribute the concentrated load of the column over a wider area.
you create, according to the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
profile. If the main part profile changes, Tekla Structures automatically adjusts the thickness of the base plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
Before using AutoDefaults in a working modelmulti-user model that an individual user works on in multi-user mode
Working model is a local copy of a master model and the user’s current model.
, we recommend that you create a test model, and create all the connection conditions in it that you need for a particular project. You can then use this test model to check the rules and properties of various connection types. It also acts as a quick reference for connection information.