Create a custom component
You can create customized components that have all the details you need. Start by creating a simple custom componentcomponent that the user creates and uses for creating model objects whose composition the user can modify as a group
which you can modify later. In the following example, we will create a simple custom connection.
- In the model, create a sample component that contains all the necessary component objects, such as parts, cuts, fittings, and bolts.
To do this quickly, explode and modify a similar existing component.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the Access advanced features button and select Define custom component.
The Custom Component Wizard dialog box opens.
- In the Type list, select the component type : connection, detail, seam, or part.
- In the Name box, enter a unique name for the component.
- Modify the other properties on the Type/Notes tab, Position tab, and Advanced tab, and then click Next.
- In the model, select the objects you want to include in the custom component.
You can use area selectionmethod of selecting objects that are included in a certain rectangular area of a model
In addition to the selected area, selection switches and selection filters control which object types are selected.
to select multiple objects simultaneously. The main and secondary parts and the grids are ignored when you select objects for the custom component.Note:
If you want to include rebar set modifiers in the custom component:
- Ensure that Direct modification is switched off when you select the modifiers.
- Hold down Shift and select the modifiers one by one. Area selection does not select modifiers.
- Click Next.
- Select the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
for the component.
- Click Next.
- Select the secondary parts for the component.
To select multiple secondary parts, hold down Shift when you select them. The maximum number of secondary parts in a custom component is 30.Note: Pay attention to the order in which you select secondary parts. Tekla Structures will use the same picking order when you use the custom component in a model.
- Define any other properties required for this custom component, such as detail or seam position. The properties depend on the component type that you selected in step 4.
- If you want to adjust any of the settings at this stage, click Back to return to the previous page of the Custom Component Wizard.
- When you are happy with the settings, click Finish to create the custom component.
The custom component is added in the model and in the Applications & components catalog.
- If you want to change these settings afterwards:
- On the custom component editor toolbar , click the Modify custom component settings button.
- Change the settings.
- Click OK.