Copy an analysis part
You can create copies of existing analysis parts together with the applied properties and nodeanalysis model object that Tekla Structures creates at a defined point of an analysis model based on analysis part connectivity
Tekla Structures creates nodes at ends and intersection points of analysis parts, and the corners of analysis areas.
For example, you can use copying to apply analysis settings to multiple repeated frames. First apply the correct analysis settings to one frame. Then copy the settings to other similar frames.
- On the Analysis & design tab, click A&D models.
- In the Analysis & Design Models dialog box, select the analysis modelstructural model that is created from a physical model and used on the one hand for analyzing structural behavior and load bearing, and on the other hand for design
Analysis model can be viewed in Tekla Structures in a model view.
Analysis model that is made with Tekla Structures can be worked on in other analysis and design software or application.
that includes the part you want to copy and uses the analysis part propertiesobject properties associated with an analysis part
Analysis part properties can be defined in the physical model or in the analysis model.
you want to use.
- In the physical modelstructural model with a direct or indirect counterpart in the structure to be built
, select the part to copy.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Edit tab, click Copy.
- Right-click and select Copy.
- Pick the origin for the copying.
- Pick one or more destination points.
If there is an identical physical partpart in a physical model
at a destination point, Tekla Structures creates an analysis partanalysis model object that is a representation of a physical part in an analysis model
In different analysis models, a physical part is represented by different analysis parts.
with settings identical to the original.
If there already was an analysis part at a destination point, Tekla Structures modifies the analysis part.
If a physical part at the destination point is not yet included in the analysis model, Tekla Structures adds the part to the analysis model.
- To stop copying, do one of the following:
- Press Esc.
- Right-click and select Interrupt.