The Thomas Panels and Profiles Side Rail Supports macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
can be used to define an arrangement of side rail supports between the rails of a bay. The macro can also provide the necessary connections between the top rail and an eaves beam.
Before and after
- Any modification of the selected parts will cause this macro to be updated.
- Most of the data required for this macro is fixed by TPP and stored in a series of data files supplied with Tekla Structures. Where standard data is not applicable, then certain items can be modified through the Parameters tab of the properties panel, but it is also possible to tailor the data files to individual requirements. This would require assistance from Tekla Structures support.
- Where this Standard macro will not define all the supports required, e.g. around door or window openings, it may be necessary to use the Non-Standard Side Rail macro. It is possible to combine the two in one bay, by selecting smaller groups for which the Standard macro is suitable, and then using the Non-Standard macro to define additional supports individually where required.
- Only one eaves beam may be selected for inclusion in the bay.
- All rail lengths must be parallel.
- Eaves beam must be parallel to rails and above the last rail.
- The outside of the rails/eaves beams must align.
Selection order example
- As many rails as required and an eaves beam (if required)
- Click middle mouse button