Tekla Structures 2018i contains improvements in grouping, copying, moving, and reporting reinforcing bars, and in showing reinforcing barreinforcement that represents a steel bar used to reinforce a concrete structure
The steel bars are usually ribbed and they are used to increase the tensile strength of concrete.
leg dimensions in model views.
Reinforcement dimensions in model views
When the advanced option XS_DISPLAY_DIMENSIONS_WHEN_SELECTING_OBJECTS is set to TRUE , reinforcing bar leg dimensions are now displayed in model views when you select single bars, bar groups, or rebar sets. Also the total bar length (Σ) is displayed.
This is useful as you do not need to inquire the leg dimensions as often as previously.
For bar groups, including rebar sets, the dimensions of the first bar and the last bar are displayed. If you select individual bars in rebar sets, the leg dimensions of all the selected bars are displayed.
Dimensions are not displayed for curved or circular bars, or for hooks. Also, dimensions are not displayed for single bars and bar groups when direct modification is switched on, as the dimensions would overlap with the direct modificationfunction that activates the mode where the model objects can be modified by using handles
Direct modification enables additional handles and modification options.
Grouping rebar set bars
Rebar set bar grouping has been improved to also group bars automatically when:
- Bars are identical and placed radially.
- Bars are identical and parallel, but distributed along a curve (not linearly).
Copying and moving rebar sets
- The Copy special and Move special commands To another object and To another plane are now available for rebar sets on the pop-up menu.
- When you copy or move rebar sets to another object or plane, the rebar sets adapt to the target object, and the modifiers are also copied or moved.
- You can now move an individual bar in a rebar set by using the Enter a Numeric Location dialog box when direct modification is switched on. If you use the Move dialog box, the entire rebar set is moved.
Other reinforcement improvements
- The pull-outsmall graphic in a reinforcement mark, table, or report template that shows the shape and dimensions of a reinforcing bar
pictures of curved rebar set bars have been improved.
- The Display detailing command now also shows the rebar sets.
- The template attributes CC , CC_MAX , CC_MIN , and CC_TARGET now also show spacing values of bar groups within rebar sets.
New template attributes for reinforcement
The following new template attributes are now available for reporting the concrete cover values and leg lengths of single bars and bar groups:
- CONCRETE_COVER_START, CONCRETE_COVER_END
- LEG_LENGTH_START, LEG_LENGTH_END
Also, a new template attributeattribute in a template object that Tekla Structures uses to calculate and display information from a model database
Template attributes represent object properties.
IS_CURVED is available for reinforcing bars.