Base point use in Layout manager
You can now use base points in Layout manager when defining the location of layout points. Earlier you had to define the group local coordinate systems one by one to each group in Layout manager. With base points, you can faster set up and reuse the group local coordinate systems in Layout manager.
You can use base points that already exist in the model, and you can also define new base points in File > Project properties > Base points. Layout manager uses the Location in the model coordinates that you define for base points, and also the East coordinate , North coordinate , and Elevation coordinates.
When you add, modify or delete base points, you need to reopen or refresh Layout manager to make the changed base pointpoint in a model that is used to define a starting point in surveying and that is used as an anchor point in coordinate and height transformations
A Tekla Structures project can have several base points but only one of them can be the project base point.
Base points allow the use of another coordinate system needed for interoperability and collaboration. Base points can also be used in drawings, and in reports and templates. Model origin is the default base point in Tekla Structures.
Base points are also called control points.
data available in Layout manager.
Default base point for groups
You can now define a default base point to set the default coordinate system for all the new groups that you create in Layout manager. You can change the group default coordinate system at any time by selecting another base point from the list. Note that the default coordinate system only applies to new groups. The existing groups are not changed.
Local coordinate systemcoordinate system that reflects the current work plane or drawing view plane
The local coordinate system is represented in a model by a symbol with three axes (x, y, and z). This symbol indicates the direction of the model. It is located in the lower right corner of the model view.
In a drawing, the local coordinate system symbol has two axes.
When creating new groups , you can use the default base point or select another base point.
Location coordinates of layout points
When you have selected a coordinate system for a group and added layout points to it, you can now view the location coordinates of the points in Layout manager.
Export layout points
You can select a coordinate system for export from the Export local coordinate system list.
- If you are exporting one group, the Export local coordinate system list shows the base point of the group. You can change the coordinates by selecting another option from the list.
- If you are exporting more than one group, and the groups do not have the same local coordinate system, the Export local coordinate system list shows the text: Local coordinate systems of groups. If you use this option in the export, each group uses the base point that has been defined for it.
You can also use one base point for all the groups in the export. Select the coordinate system from the Export local coordinate system list.
Import layout points
- When you import layout points, the Group local coordinate system list shows the coordinate system of the group that you select in the Group list.
- When you select the file to import, Layout manager creates a group using the file name. The group uses the default coordinate system for groups defined in Layout Manager Object Group. You can change the group local coordinate system if needed.
- If you want to create a new group, click New.
Click Show to view the layout points in the import file. Then click Import to import the points.