Add a single grid line
You can add new gridmodeling aid that represents a three-dimensional complex of horizontal and vertical planes
In Tekla Structures, grids are used as an aid in locating objects in a model. The grid is shown on the view plane by dash-and-dot lines. It is also possible to show grids and grid line labels in drawings, and to modify grid properties in the drawings.
It is possible to have more than one grid in a model. For example, a large-scale grid for the entire structure, and smaller grids for some detailed sections.
lines either between existing grid lines or between two freely chosen points that you define in the model.
Add a grid line between existing grid lines
You can add new grid lines between existing grid lines.
- Ensure that theDirect modification switch is active.
- Ensure that theSelect grid selection switch is active.
- Select an existing grid to attach the grid linesingle line that visualizes a single grid plane on a view plane
- Click thesymbol between two existing grid lines or outside the grid.
Tekla Structures creates the grid line and gives it a label using the labels of the adjacent grid lines. For example, a new grid line between the grid lines 1 and 2 receives the label 12*.
Add a grid line between two points
You can add new grid lines between two picked points.
- On the Edit tab, click Grid and select Add grid line.
- Select an existing grid to attach the grid line to.
- Pick the start point of the grid line.
- Pick the end point of the grid line.