Change the material of a part
When you create or modify a part, you can select the material and grade from a list that contains all the materials available in the material catalogcatalog that displays material grades and information on them
By default, the material catalog contains standard, environment-specific materials. The user can add, modify, and delete material grades.
- Double-click a part to open the part properties in the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
- Click the ... button next to the Material box.
The Select Material dialog box appears.
- If needed, define what material information you want to see.
To include aliases for material grades in the list, select the Show aliases check box.
To see all the properties of materials, select the Show details check box.
- Select a material from the list.
- Click OK to close the Select Material dialog box.
- Click Modify in the property pane.
Alternatively, if you know the name of the material, you can enter it directly in the Material box in the property pane or in the contextual toolbarfloating toolbar that contains commands for modifying the most common object properties
The user can customize the contextual toolbar.
The term mini toolbar is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.