Add a stud bolt to the catalog
A studbolt element that represents a metal rod or pin that is used to transfer loads
Studs and other bolt elements are listed in the bolt catalog.
A stud can be secured with two or more nuts and have threading at both ends, or it can be welded to steel parts, for example.
A stud is part of the bolt assembly.
is special type of bolt that is welded to steel parts to transfer loads between steel and concrete. You cannot use studs unless you have defined a stud assembly that contains the assembly's name and material.
- On the File menu, click Catalogs > Bolt catalog to open the Bolt Catalog dialog box.
- Enter values for the following properties:
Name : Name for the stud bolt.
Standard : This name is needed when creating a bolt assemblyset of bolt elements that consists of a bolt, a stud, or a screw, and possibly the related washers and nuts
for the stud.
Diameter : Shank diameter.
Length : Stud length.
Weight : Stud weight.
top thick : Head thickness.
top diameter : Head diameter.
The units depend on the settings in File menu > Settings > Options > Units and decimals .
- On the File menu, click Catalogs > Bolt assembly catalog to open the Bolt Assembly Catalog dialog box.
- Select the standard for the stud bolt.
- Set all the other bolt assembly elements to None.
- To create studs in the model, create bolts and select the stud assembly standard.