Borrow a license from Tekla Structures license server
In Tekla Structures License Borrow Tool , you can borrow licenses from Tekla Structures license server when you want to work offline. Borrow the license on the same computer that you will use for offline work.
Before you can borrow a license, you need to install Tekla Structures License Borrow Tool , connect the computer with Tekla Structures to the license server and open the product ID file.
For more information about the prerequisites, see Set up Tekla Structures License Borrow Tool for Tekla Structures offline use.
To borrow a Tekla Structures license:
- Close Tekla Structures.
- Go to Tekla Structures License Borrow > Tekla Structures License Borrow Tool through the Start menu or Start screen , depending on your Windows operating system.
- In the Borrow from License Server dialog box, enter the port number with the host name (computer name) in format port@host in the Server text box, for example:
You need to use exactly the same port and host name as in the Connect to License Server dialog box when starting Tekla Structures.
- Click OK.
- Click the Open button.
- Select the product ID file and click Open.
- In the Products area, click the Borrow Until box and select the expiration date for the borrowing period from the calendar.
The maximum borrowing period is one month. The exact maximum borrow period varies between 29 to 32 days depending on the borrowing date.
- Click the Borrow button to borrow the license.
The borrowing progress is displayed in the Borrowing License(s) dialog box. After successful borrowing, the Borrowed Licenses area shows the borrowed license.
- To ensure that the borrowing succeeded, disconnect your computer from the license server and start Tekla Structures with the borrowed license.