Import a SteelFab/SCIA model
- On the File menu, click Import > CAD .
The Import Models dialog box opens.
- Select Import Steelfab/SCIA from the Type list.
- Use the default name import model or enter a new name.
- Click OK.
- Select the model from the list.
- Click Properties to open a dialog box where you can define the settings for the import file:
Enter the input fileInput files are used for different purposes, for example, for defining the content and structure of a dialog box and for defining certain reinforcement-related settings.
Input files have the extension .inp, for example rebar_config.inp.
Enter the conversion file names.
Set the origin coordinates in the Origin boxes if you want the file in a specific location
Set Import weldings to Yes to include welds in the model.
Set Import holes to Yes to include holes in the model.
- Click OK.
- Click Import.
- Select which version of parts to import.
- Click Accept all.
- If you have changed the model and want to re-import it, you can also reject all changes by clicking Reject all , or accept or reject individual changes by clicking Select individual.
- Tekla Structures displays the message Do you want to save the import model for subsequent imports? Click Yes.
Tekla Structures displays the import model in a model viewview that is represented in the modeling mode
Model view is available also in the drawing mode and it is represented in its own window.
- Right-click the model view and select Fit work area to entire model to ensure that the imported model is completely visible.
- If parts are missing, check the View depth Up and Down values in the View Properties dialog box and change them if necessary.