Import a Plantview model
- On the File menu, click Import > CAD .
The New Import Model dialog box opens.
- Select Import CAD.
- Use the default name import model or enter a new name.
- Click OK.
- Select the model from the list.
- Click Properties to open a dialog box where you can define the settings for the import file type you selected:
On the Conversion tab, enter the conversion file names or browse for the conversion files.
On the Parameters tab, enter the name of the Plantview file you want to import in the Input file box, or use Browse to locate the file.
Set the file type to Plantview in the Type box, and set the origin coordinates in the Origin boxes if you want the file in a specific location.
Set the material grade in the Material box on the SDNF tab.
You can also click ... next to the box, and browse for the material grade in the Select Material dialog box.
If you wish to create a report of the import, enter the required information on the Report tab.
If you are importing the model for the first time, you do not need to change the default values on the Advanced tab.
- Click OK to go to the Import Model dialog box.
- Click Import.
Tekla Structures displays the Import model info dialog box.
- Select which version of parts to import.
- Click Accept all.
If you have changed the model and want to re-import it, you can also reject all changes by clicking Reject all , or accept or reject individual changes by clicking Select individual.
- Tekla Structures displays the message Do you want to save the import model for subsequent imports? Click Yes.
Tekla Structures displays the imported model in a model viewview that is represented in the modeling mode
Model view is available also in the drawing mode and it is represented in its own window.
- Right-click the model view and select Fit work area to entire model to ensure that the imported model is completely visible.
- If parts are missing, check the View depth Up and Down values in the View Properties dialog box and change them if necessary.