Export to CAD
You can export a CAD model in several formats.
Before you start an SDNF export, check that the advanced option XS_SDNF_CONVERT_PL_PROFILE_TO_PLATE has not been set on the Export page of the Advanced Options dialog box.
- Open a Tekla Structures model.
- On the File menu, click Export > CAD .
The CAD export dialog box opens.
- Enter the paths to the required conversion files on the Conversion tab.
- Go to the Parameters tab, and give a name to the export file in the Output file box.
You can also browse for the file.
- Select the export format from the Type list.
- Use the Origin X , Y , Z boxes to specify the origin of the exported model.
- In PML export, define PML-specific information on the PML tab.
- In SDNF, SDNF (PDMS) and PDMS export, go to the SDNF tab, and define the necessary information.
- Select the parts in the model to export.
- Click Apply and Create.
Tekla Structures creates the export file in your current modelmodel that is active in Tekla Structures
The current model can be a single-user model, a shared model or a working model.