Create import reports
Some of the import tools give you the option to create a report of the import. By default, Tekla Structures does not create reports when you import files.
With this import report you can compare different revisions from previous imports. You can list the differences in profiles, material, part rotation, part positionposition number that is assigned to a part
, paint, start connection codes, end connection codes, phase, for example.
- Open the import tool, for example, CAD ( File menu > Import > CAD ).
- Go to the Report tab of the import dialog box.
- In Create report , select Yes.
- In Display report , select Yes to display the report file.
- In Report template , enter the path of the report templatetemplate that is used for creating a report
, or use the browse button to locate it.
You can also leave the template name out, in which case the default import template is used.
- In Report file name , enter the path for the report file, or use the browse button to locate it.
You can also leave the report file name out, in which case the default import report file is used.
- Import the model.
The model is imported and the report is displayed on the screen.
If you have not given the report any other name, the report is saved with the name import_revision_report.rpt in the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.