Create model objects
There are several ways to create model objects in Tekla Structures.
You can create different types of model objects , such as parts and items, bolts, reinforcement, and cuts, using the commands on the ribbon.
Alternatively, you can start many of the commands that create model objects in the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
The property pane can be customized by using the property pane editor.
Create a model object
- Run a command that creates a model objectobject that is represented in a model
A model object is either created in a model or imported into it.
, such as a part.
- On the ribbon: click a command. For example, clickto create a steel beam.
- In the property pane: ensure that you have nothing selected in the model. Click the Object type list button and select from the list the object you want to create.
- Pick points to place the model object in the model.
Tekla Structures creates the model object using the current propertiesproperties related to an object type and applied to new objects of this type
In Tekla Structures, properties related to an object type are activated in the property pane or in the dialog box.
of the object typedescription of a group of objects that share common characteristics
The objects are grouped based on different characteristics in models and in drawings. Examples of model object types are beams and rebar sets. Examples of drawing object types are parts and marks.
- Follow the status bar messages to get instructions on how to proceed.
- To create more model objects with the same properties, pick more points.
The command runs until you end it or start another command.
Delete an object
- Select the object.
- Press Delete.