Modify model weld mark visibility and appearance in a drawing
Welding properties are set in the model. You can select the welding properties that you want to show in model weld marks in drawings and adjust the appearance of the model weld marks in Weld mark properties.
To select which model weld properties to show, and to modify weld markmark that includes a set of selected property elements related to a weld
properties on drawing viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
- In an open drawing, double-click a view frame to open the View Properties dialog box.
- Click Weld mark to go to weld mark properties.
- Select whether to show the weld number in Weld number ( No / Yes ).
- Under Visibility :
In Welds and Welds in sub-assemblies , select what kind of weld marks to show, or whether to hide all welds ( None , Site , Workshop , Both ).
In Welds in hidden parts , select what kind of weld marks to show for hidden parts ( None , Site , Workshop , Both ).
In Weld size limit , enter a weld size limit to filter weld marks of that size out of the drawing.
Even though you set the weld size limit, weld marks are always shown if they have reference texts.
- Under Above line , Below line and Other , clear a check box in the Visible column next to a weld mark property that you want to hide. Note that if you hide Size , Prefix is also hidden, and when you hide Length , Pitch is also hidden.
- To adjust the placing properties, click Place....
- Click Modify.
- Go to the Appearance tab and modify the weld mark text and line appearance.
- Click Modify.Tip:
You can modify the properties of individual model weld marks in an open drawing by double-clicking a model weld mark to open Welding Mark Properties dialog box. To select several marks, for example for deleting, right-click the weld mark and select Select weld marks and From current drawing view or From all drawing views.
The first example shows a weld mark where a lot of properties are visible:
In the second example, all other welding mark properties have been hidden, except Type from Above line and Below line , and Reference text from Other :