Create general arrangement drawings
When you create general arrangement drawings, remember to load the closest possible predefined properties in the drawing properties first, then modify the properties if needed, and then create the drawing.
Before you create general arrangement drawings, create the model views that you need and ensure that the views are as you want them to be in drawings. The drawing views will have the same orientation and content as the model viewview that is represented in the modeling mode
Model view is available also in the drawing mode and it is represented in its own window.
you select. A good idea is to fit the work areacertain portion of the model that is currently active for working on in a view
Tekla Structures indicates the work area using dashed lines. Since objects outside the work area exist but are not visible the user can set a certain sized work area so that the views of the model are simpler and quickly updated, for example.
in the model view using two points to select the area that you want to show in the general arrangement drawingdrawing that is created from one or more model views and that shows information needed to understand the general arrangement of structural elements on a project
General arrangement drawings show how parts, assemblies, cast units, or pour objects are located in a building.
General arrangement drawings get overwritten if you recreate them. If you want to create another general arrangement drawing of the same model view, give another name to the drawing in drawing properties.
- Create the model views you need.
If you want to switch between 3D viewview that displays objects three-dimensionally
3D view is one of the default views.
and plane viewview that displays objects two-dimensionally
in the created view, press Ctrl+P.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties > GA drawing .
- Select the appropriate predefined drawing properties (saved settingsmaster drawing where the drawing settings are saved in a drawing property file and used when creating a new drawing of a specific drawing type
) from the list at the top and click Load.
Always load predefined properties when you are creating a drawing. When you need to modify drawing properties, save the new changes to the properties file when necessary.
- If needed, modify drawing properties and, if necessary, apply object-level settings.
- Click Apply or OK.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Create drawings > GA drawing .
Alternatively, you can select the model views from the model (selected views get a yellow frame), right-click and click Create General Arrangement Drawing...
- If you have not selected the views yet, select them from the displayed list.
You can use the Shift and Ctrl buttons for selecting several views.
- In the Options list, select if you want to create one drawing for each selected view or add all selected views in one drawing.
By selecting Empty drawing , you can create an empty drawing and add drawing views in it afterwards.
- If you want to open the created drawings, select Open drawing.
- Click Create.
Tekla Structures creates the drawings and adds them in Document manager. You can now open the drawings and also change the drawing properties.