Renew a Tekla Structures license
License renewal means that you extend the period of use of a temporary license, or that you take the new version's licenses into use. Before you activate a new versions's license or a new temporary license, you need to deactivate the old temporary license.
If you are replacing an existing license, then the existing certificate needs to be deactivated before the renewal certificate can be activated.
To renew a license:
- Rename your previously provided entitlement certificate file to EntitlementCertificate-OLD.html.
- Go to Tekla Structures Licensing > Tekla Structures License Administration Tool through the Start menu or Start screen , depending on your Windows operating system.
- In the Activated Licenses area, select the Deactivate check box next to the license you want to deactivate.
- Click the enabled Deactivate button.
This will deactivate your license. When deactivation is completed, you will see a message about it.
- The person in your organization who has made the license purchase, or to someone named as the contact person has received a new entitlement certificate for the extended license by e-mail as an attachment. Download the entitlement certificate to C:\TeklaStructures\License\Server.
- Now you can activate your extended license normally Tekla Structures License Administration Tool. For more information, see Activate Tekla Structures licenses using automatic server notification