To get started with license administration:
- Make sure you understand how licensing works, see Tekla Structures licensing system.
- Install the license server as explained in Installing Tekla Structures license server.
- Make sure the license server can connect to Trimble's activation server and clients can connect to the license server, see Allowing Tekla Structures license server to operate through Windows Firewall.
- Activate your licenses on the server as explained in Activating Tekla Structures licenses.
- Test that licensing works and connect the clients to the license server as explained in Connect Tekla Structures to the license server.
Additionally, you can ensure that the correct types of licenses are available to the users who most need them by defining access rights for using and borrowing licenses as explained in Modify Tekla Structures license access rights (tekla.opt). This can prevent situations where there are no licenses available for users that need them because someone else has reserved or borrowed a license that they do not really need.
When you renew licenses and when you need to make hardware changes on the license server, you must deactivate your licenses as explained in Deactivating Tekla Structures licenses.
If your licenses have become untrusted or disabled, they cannot be used and you need to repair them. For information about how to do this, see Repair a Tekla Structures license.