The Custom Launcher is an application that allows to launch from its dialog box any version of Tekla Structures (2016 and above) with any FIRM; is it possible to set up the language also.
After the installation, you can launch the application and set up the setting file clicking on “Add firm” button.
It opens the following dialog box, where you can choose the Tekla Structures version (need to be installed), set the name of the FIRM and browse the initialization filetext file that contains user interface definitions, start-up parameters, default settings, or advanced options
Initialization files are used when starting Tekla Structures and they can contain system-specific and user-specific advanced options that are used to configure Tekla Structures for different standards and the user’s individual style of working.
Initialization files have the extension .ini.
; in this file there must be the setting of FIRM folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular organization
A Tekla Structures user can, for example, customize a company’s cloning templates and save them in a sub-folder located under the firm folder. After this, the customized cloning templates can be used in all projects carried out for the company.
at least, so setting of XS_FIRM variable.
Alternatively, you can manually edit the “Firm_Setting.csv” file in the installation folder. The default location is “C:\TeklaStructures\Harpaceas\TeklaStructuresCustomLauncher” (or you can open it via the Windows Start button with the link inside the “TeklaStructuresCustomLauncher” folder).
There are three columns to set up:
- Label: the name you would like to show in the application dialog box
- Version: the version of Tekla Structures that must be used with this FIRM
- Path: Path with file name of the initialization file; in this file there must be the setting of FIRM folder at least, so setting of XS_FIRM variable
N.B. You can edit the file with any text editor or with Excel without format change. Don’t delete the first row and don’t use equal rows or rows with equal path.
Example of setting
How to remove a FIRM setting
The only way to remove a FIRM setting is to edit the “Firm_Setting.csv” file and delete the related row.
When you start the application you will see the following dialog box.
- In the first dropdown menu you can set up the language of the user interface of Tekla Structures before opening it.
- In the second dropdown menu you can select which version you would like to use; the application shows only the installed versions of Tekla Structures.
- In the last dropdown menu you can see which firms are set up for the selected Tekla Structures version and choose which one you need to use.
- You can choose to set up language only or to launch Tekla Structures with/without FIRM.
- The application detects Tekla Structures 2016 version and above.
- Is not allowed to use same initialization file, and so the same FIRM folder, for different Tekla Structures versions.