Define calculated sizes and connect layouts
You can use calculated drawing sizes to define the rules Tekla Structures follows when it automatically adjusts drawing size. You can also connect layouts to drawing sizes that meet certain criteria.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties > Drawing layout .
- Select a drawing layoutplan of a drawing that includes the table layout and definitions of the sheet size
Tekla Structures includes several predefined drawing layouts, which are drawing-type specific. The user can also create new drawing layouts.
and click Calculated sizes.
- Use boxes under Increasing step to define the interval by which Tekla Structures increases the drawing size when it needs to.
You can set this individually for drawing width and height.
- Use the boxes under Maximum size to define the maximum size of the drawing.
If the drawing size exceeds the width or height limit you set here, Tekla Structures uses an oversize sheet with no table layoutplan that defines the selection, placing, and scale of tables in a drawing
- You can connect a layout to drawings that meet one of the following size criteria:
Size A4 for drawings exactly this size
Size A3 for drawings exactly this size
Height = A3 for drawings having the same height as an A3 sheet (=297 mm)
Height > A3 for drawings with a larger height than A3.
For each size, Tekla Structures makes the table layouts available depending on the layout you selected.
- Click OK or Apply.