Customize leader line arrows
If you do not find a suitable leader lineline that connects an annotation object to the related object or point
arrow in the Arrow list in the Mark Properties dialog box, you can add an arrow of your own.
First you will create the arrow symbol in the Symbol Editortool in Tekla Structures that is used for creating and modifying symbols to be used in drawings, reports, and templates
The symbols are saved in symbol files.
, and save the created symbol in the arrow.sym file. Then you need to add the position of the new symbol in the arrow.sym to the configuration file arrow.txt file, which tells which arrows are available for use in your environment.
- On the File menu, click Editors > Symbol editor to open the Symbol Editor.
- Open the arrow.sym file located in common environmentTekla Structures environment that forms a basis for other environments
The common environment is included in the software installation and includes the global settings, macros, symbols, items, and fonts, for example. The common environment and global settings form the basis for all other environments.
or in your environment under symbols folder.
- Click an empty symbol slot and sketch your symbol with drawing tools.
You can also import AutoCAD or MicroStation files through File > Import .
- When the symbol is completed, point the symbol slot to check the number of the new symbol at the bottom of the window.
- Save the arrow.sym file by clicking File > Save .
- Click File > Exit to close the Symbol Editor.
- Open the arrow.txt file located in the same symbols folder as the arrow.sym file.
The file contains a list of symbol numbers.
- Add the number of your symbol preceded by zero (0) in the correct position and separate it with a comma:
016,017,018,019,020,021, 022 ,023,024,032,048,049,101,102,110,200
- Click File > Save to save your change.
- Add a bitmap of the created arrow in the ..\ProgramData\Tekla Structures\<version>\Bitmaps folder on your computer.
Use the following format in the file name: dr_dialog_arrow_type_022.bmp.
- Double-click a mark in a drawing to open the Mark Properties dialog box.
- Open the Arrow list, and you should see that the new arrow symbol is now available for use.
We recommend you define a firm folder for symbols, because the default folders are overwritten when you upgrade to a newer version of Tekla Structures. Add the firm folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular organization
A Tekla Structures user can, for example, customize a company’s cloning templates and save them in a sub-folder located under the firm folder. After this, the customized cloning templates can be used in all projects carried out for the company.
to the advanced option DXK_SYMBOLPATH.