Add revision marks in drawings
Revision marks are symbols that you can add in the drawing when you want to indicate a change in the Tekla Structures model or drawing, and the objects that have changed. Tekla Structures creates the revision markuser-created symbol that indicates a change in the model or in the drawing, and in which information about the change is enclosed
Information enclosed in a revision mark is shown in a revision table.
using the properties in the Revision Mark Properties dialog box. If you create revisions through the Drawing list using the Revision... command, Tekla Structures will not create any marks inside the drawing.
- Open a drawing.
- On the Drawing tab, click Revision mark and select one of the following commands:
- Add revision mark
- Pointing to left
- Pointing to right
- Along line, pointing to left
- Along line, pointing to right
- Enter the mark, date, and information on the changes.
Tekla Structures shows this information in the revision table of the drawing.
- To place the revision mark exactly in the position you pick and keep it there, click the Place... button and select fixed in the Placing list.
- Go to the Appearance tab and set the text color, height, font and angle, the frame color, leader lineline that connects an annotation object to the related object or point
and type, and the leader line arrow type and size.
- Click OK or Apply.
- Pick a point or points to place the mark.
Tekla Structures creates the revisions and revision marks. You can also see the new revisions on the Drawing list.
To delete any unnecessary revision marks, select the marks and press Delete.
See below for examples of revision marks.