Check and change Tekla Structures file and folder locations in Directory browser
Directory browser is a tool that helps you to find and modify the location of the various Tekla Structures files and folders, and customize user settings.
Generally, only administrators should change these settings. If you change them yourself, and you are sharing the same model with other users, and your settings differ from those of the project, you will have problems. Also, adding or modifying files in some of these folders may require administrator rights.
To locate files and folders, and customize your Tekla Structures settings:
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the arrow next to Applications to open the applications list.
- Double-click Directory browser.
The Directory browser dialog box opens. You can check the most common folder paths, and customize the settings in your user.ini file, or in the user-specific or model-specific options.ini file.
- Check the folder paths and change them if necessary by clicking the buttons on the left of the Basic tab.
If you click the Project or Firm button and you have not set your firm and project folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular project
, Tekla Structures will prompt you to do so and add the folder path definition to your user.ini file.
- Check the settings in the user.ini and options.ini files and change them if necessary by clicking the buttons on the right of the Basic tab.
- Go to the Advanced tab and define the folder paths for additional folders that you may need to access, such as custom components and macros.