Tekla Structures 2017i release notes
Welcome to the Tekla Structures 2017i release notes!
Check the links below for information on the many new features and improvements in this version:
- Spiral beams
- Modeling improvements
- Reinforcement improvements
- New tools for rebar dimensioning, marking and pull-out pictures
- Other drawing improvements
- Template Editor improvements
- New DWG/DXF drawing export
- Base point improvements
- New Excel export for reference model version changes
- IFC4 export and other IFC improvements
- Trimble Connector and other interoperability improvements
- Tekla Model Sharing improvements
- Component improvements
- New UDA types supported in the contextual toolbar
- Changes in advanced options
- New template attributes
- New documentation sections and other documentation improvements
- Change in Tekla Structures service pack installation
- Tekla Structures 2017i fix list
Also note this major new featurepart of Tekla Structures functionality that is maintained and owned by Trimble Solutions and that is included in the Tekla Structures installation
that was added between main releases in Tekla Structures 2017 SP 3: Direct table layout editing - Quick and easy way to edit table layouts.
Follow the links below for information on fixes made in each currently available service pack:
We suggest that you complete any unfinished models using your current version of Tekla Structures.
This version is not backwards compatible. When you create or save a model in Tekla Structures 2017i, you cannot open it in older versions due to database differences.
Tekla Structures 2017i can only be installed on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
See the hardware recommendations for more information.
Tekla Structures 2017i requires Tekla Structures License Server 2017. To check which license server version to use with your current Tekla Structures version, see Which license server version to use.
Administrator's release notes
Advanced users should read the Tekla Structures administrator's release notes for information on how to apply the additional customizations available in this release.
Localization release notes
Environment-specific changes are explained in the Localization release notes.
Tekla Open API release notes
The Tekla Open APIapplication programming interface that lets third-party applications integrate to and communicate with Tekla Structures
Tekla Open API enables, for example, customizing Tekla Structures.
release notes are included in the Tekla Open API Startup Package, which you can download from Tekla Warehouse.