Classify reinforcement to layers
To be able to show in drawings what is the order of different reinforcement layers near a surface of a concrete part, you need to classify reinforcement in the model. You can do this by using the Rebar classificator macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
Rebar classificator classifies the reinforcing bars and reinforcement meshes by their order of depth in concrete slabs and panels. The reinforcing bars and meshes get an attribute indicating the layer where they are placed inside the concrete part.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the arrow next to Applications to open the applications list.
- Double-click Rebar classificator to start the macro.
- In the Rebar classificator dialog box:
- Enter the prefixes that you want to use for the reinforcement layers near the top, bottom, front, and back surfaces of the concrete parts.
- Select whether you want to classify All objects or Selected objects.
If you select Selected objects , select the reinforcement or the concrete parts containing the reinforcement that you want to classify.
- Click Preview to view the properties of the reinforcement in each layer.
The layers are named using the relevant surface prefix and numbered starting from the surface.
- If you do not want to classify a reinforcement, select it from the list and click Delete item.
- To save the classification attributes of the reinforcement, do one of the following:
- Click Modify to also keep the Rebar classificator dialog box open.
- Click OK to also close the Rebar classificator dialog box.
- In a drawing, run the Rebar layering marker macro to create layer-specific markers for reinforcement.