Import a category to Organizer
You can import categories that have been exported from Organizer in the current modelmodel that is active in Tekla Structures
The current model can be a single-user model, a shared model or a working model.
or in other Tekla Structures models. The category import files are in the xml format, and have the .category file extension. You can import one .category file at a time. The file can contain many categories.
- To open Organizer , click Manage on the ribbon and then click Organizer.
- Clickand select Import Organizer categories.
- Click Browse.
- Select the .category file you want to import.
- Click Open.
- Click Import.
If the category you are importing has the same name as an existing category, you have the following options:
- You can import the category and replace the existing category.
- You can select not to import the category.
- You can import the category but keep the existing category. If you import a category that has the same name as an existing category, Organizer adds a running number to the category name.
Location categories are added at the end of the location categories, property categories at the end of property categories, and custom categories at the end of the custom categories.
If the imported category does not contain any objects, check if the rules in the category properties have a filter that does not exist in the model. When you add the filter to the model, the category content is updated. Another reason could be that there are no objects in the model that match the rules.
The category may also be empty if it has only manually added content and the objects were not included in the export. If you have imported the category from another model, the manually added content is not imported.