Create a sequence
Use the Sequencer tool to assign sequence numbers to parts. If you want to view and modify the sequence numberincremental number of an individual part that belongs to a sequence of parts
afterwards, you must first create a user-defined attributeobject property created by the user in order to widen the range of predefined object properties
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
to which you assign sequence numbers.
- Create a user-defined attribute to which you assign sequence numbers.
- Open the objects.inp file in any standard text editor.
- In the Part attributes section, add a new user-defined attribute.
The value_type must be integer , and the field_format must be %d.
attribute("MY_INFO_1", "My Info 1", integer, "%d", no, none, "0.0", "0.0")
- Save the file.
- Restart Tekla Structures.
- On the Manage tab, click Sequencer.
- Enter a name for the sequence. Use exactly the same name as in the objects.inp file.
For example, MY_INFO_1.
- Click Apply.
- Select the parts you want to include in the sequence.
The first part gets the sequence number 1, the second part number 2, and so on.
If you select a part that has already been included in the sequence, Tekla Structures asks if you want to override the existing number. If you click Yes , Tekla Structures gives the next available number to the part.
- To finish adding parts to the sequence, right-click and select Interrupt or press Esc.