Create NC files in DXF format
You can create NC files in DXF format by converting DSTV files to DXF files. Before running a DXF conversion, you must first create the NC files in DSTV format.
Create NC files in DXF format using Convert DSTV files to DXF macro
You can convert the created NC files in DXF format by using the Convert DSTV files to DXF macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
Limitation: The macro has been designed for simple plates. Therefore it may not give correct conversion results for beams, columns and bent polybeams.
- Create the NC files in the DSTV format.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the arrow next to Applications to open the applications list.
- If Convert DSTV files to DXF is not visible in the Applications list, select the Show hidden items check box at the bottom of the Applications & components catalog.
- Double-click Convert DSTV files to DXF to open the Convert DSTV files to DXF dialog box.
- Browse for the folder that contains the NC files you want to convert to DXF files.
- Select the NC files and click Open.
Tekla Structures automatically creates an NC_dxf folder in the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
and the DXF files are created there.
Create NC files in DXF format using tekla_dstv2dxf.exe
You can use a separate Tekla Structures program tekla_dstv2dxf.exe to convert the DSTV files to DXF format. Only one side of a part (front, top, back or bottom) is written to the file, and therefore this export format is most suited to plates.
The program is located in the ..\Tekla Structures\<version>\nt\dstv2dxf folder.
- Create a folder for the NC files, for example c:\dstv2dxf.
Do not use spaces is the folder path. You should not save the files, for example, in the Tekla Structures folder under the \Program Files folder, because the folder path contains spaces.
- Copy all files from C:\Program Files\Tekla Structures\<version>\nt\dstv2dxf to the folder you created ( C:\dstv2dxf ).
- Create DSTV files and save the files in the in the folder you created ( C:\dstv2dxf ).
- Double-click a suitable dstv2dxf_conversion.bat file.
The program converts the files to DXF format in the same folder.
If you need to adjust the conversion settings , modify the settings in an appropriate tekla_dstv2dxf_<env>.def file and restart the conversion.
The conversion file description pdf files can be found in the same folder as the tekla_dstv2dxf.exe program.