Exaggerate selected dimensions in drawings
You can exaggerate narrow dimensions to make them easier to read by using the macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
Exaggerate selected dimensions. When exaggerated, a dimension that is narrower than the limit defined in the Options dialog box is enlarged using the defined scale. If there are many exaggerated dimensions, Tekla Structures arranges them automatically.
- Go to On the File menu , click Settings > Options and go to the Drawing dimensions page.
- Set the Exaggeration limit and Exaggeration scale.
Exaggeration scaling defines whether you are using Paper or Model as the exaggeration scaling method. If you select Paper , the exaggeration limit is multiplied by the view scale. If you select Model , and the scale is 1:10, all the dimensions smaller than 10 mm are exaggerated regardless of the drawing scale.
- Click OK to save the settings and close the Options dialog box.
- In an open drawing, click the dimension that you want to exaggerate.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the arrow next to Applications to open the applications list.
- Double-click Exaggerate selected dimensions.
You can also define dimension exaggeration in dimension properties, see Create exaggerated dimensions.