Search for drawings and save search results
You can search for drawings in the Drawing List.
To search for drawings and save the results:
- In the Drawing List , enter the search criteria in Enter search criteria.
- If needed, you can limit the search so that it addresses only information in a certain column by selecting a column from the Search in list.
- If needed, you can also limit the search to the currently visible drawings by selecting Search within the currently visible drawings.
- Click Search.
- Click Store to save the search results.
- Enter a name for the search results in the Store Search Result dialog box and click OK.
The search results are saved in the DrawingListSearches folder, which is created in the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
You can move the saved search results to your environment, company or project folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular project
. After you have saved the search results, they will be visible in the predefined drawing sets list in the Drawing List dialog box.
In the following example, you want to find all cast unit drawings that are assigned to Dean Detailer:
- From the drawing sets, select Cast unit drawings. Only cast unit drawings are displayed in the list.
- In the Enter search criteria , type Dean Detailer.
- In the Search in list, select Assigned to.
- Click Search.