Define automatic grid properties
You can modify drawing gridmodeling aid that represents a three-dimensional complex of horizontal and vertical planes
In Tekla Structures, grids are used as an aid in locating objects in a model. The grid is shown on the view plane by dash-and-dot lines. It is also possible to show grids and grid line labels in drawings, and to modify grid properties in the drawings.
It is possible to have more than one grid in a model. For example, a large-scale grid for the entire structure, and smaller grids for some detailed sections.
properties of single-part, assembly and cast unit drawings individually for each view. In general arrangement drawings, you can modify the grid properties on both view and drawing level. You can also modify individual grid properties of in an open drawing.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties and select the drawing type.
- Load drawing properties that are as close to the ones you need as possible.
- Single-part, assembly and cast unit drawings: Click View creation , select the view and the properties that you want to change, and click View properties.
- Click Grid.
- Modify the grid properties as required.
- Single-part, assembly and cast unit drawings: Click Save to save the view properties and click Close.
General arrangement drawings: Click OK.
- Click Save to save the drawing properties, then click OK and create the drawing.
The advanced optionssettings used to customize Tekla Structures for specific companies, standards, users, or user groups
In Tekla Structures, advanced options are settings that are used, for example, in a specific project or geographical area, or by a specific company.
In Tekla Structures, advanced options usually begin with the initials XS and are followed by the name of the function, for example XS_BACKGROUND_COLOR.
XS_DRAWING_GRID_LABEL_FRAME_FIXED_WIDTH and XS_DRAWING_GRID_LABEL_FRAME_LINE_WIDTH_FACTOR allow you to adjust the grid labels further.